The Ojobi District Police Command has arrested a middle-aged man believed to be behind the fake military camp that was closed down at Gomoa Fetteh earlier this week.
The suspect, whose name was only given as Kabby Kay, was arrested on Tuesday.
DSP David Fofie, the District Police Commander for Ojobi who confirmed the arrest to Citi News said a statement has been taken from Kabby Kay and he will soon be processed for court.
He said the fake military personnel who were arrested over the weekend had identified him as the one who organized them to come to Gomoa Fetteh for the supposed military exercise.
The Kasoa Divisional Police Command on Monday arrested 14 of the suspected fake military officers after a report was filed by the Omankrado of Gomoa Fetteh, Nana Kwesi Quansah, that some military personnel had destroyed his property and threatened his life in a video that was shared on WhatsApp.
A search conducted on the arrested individuals revealed that they had military bags, boots, uniform, ID cards, military caps, and other military accouterments.
The police said it was collaborating with the military to ascertain the identities of the arrested individuals.
DSP David Fofie said four of those arrested over the weekend were on Tuesday remanded into police custody by the Kasoa Ofankor District Court, and are scheduled to reappear on February 11, 2019.
“The fake soldiers have named him [Kabby Kay] as the one who brought them to Gomoa Fetteh. In such situations, we invite the culprits to give their statements. The Kasoa Circuit Court remanded them on Tuesday and they are to reappear on 6th February 2019. We have taken his statement and he will soon be put before court. We will inform the public when we receive new information regarding this case,” he said.